A New Body to Reflect Your Healthy, New Lifestyle
Body Contouring Consultation
The body contouring procedure is completely customized to meet your needs, and a number of aesthetic procedures may be combined to achieve optimal results. Because no two body contouring procedures are the same, a thorough consultation is the key to success. Dr. Castillo will examine your overall health and discuss your goals and realistic expectations for treatment. He will also take measurements, photographs, and detailed notes so that he can create a treatment plan that is tailored for you. Because a body contouring process can involve several surgical procedures, Dr. Castillo will perform them in stages to ensure patient safety. Together, you can decide which areas of your body you want to address first.
- A year must have passed since your bariatric procedure
- Consistent weight for the previous three to six months
- Body mass index under 30
What’s Involved in Body Contouring After Massive Weight Loss?
Body contouring can target almost every area of your body, including your face, neck, arms, breasts, abdomen, back, buttocks, and thighs. Procedures that may be included in the body contouring process include:
- Breast lift: Depending on the aesthetic goals and concerns of each patient, we may recommend a traditional breast lift, a breast lift combined with implants or an extended breast lift, which involves the removal of excess skin at the bra line.
- Arm Lift: When there is excess skin in the arm area, an incision will be made from the armpit to the elbow to address sagging. An extended arm lift also addresses sagging from the armpit to the bra line.
- Belt Lipectomy: This procedure is used to address excess skin in the abdomen and back, and can be performed at the same time as a tummy tuck and butt lift. Overall, a belt lipectomy can improve the appearance of the abdomen, waist, and lower back, and at the same time lift the butt. An incision is made around the abdomen and lower back, level with or below the hip bones, and although it will leave a broad scar, the result are well worth it.
- Thigh Lift: The best candidates for this procedure are those whose main concern is excess skin, not fat, in the internal part of the thigh. There are two types of thigh lift: traditional, which consists of a horizontal incision on the superior internal area of the thigh (indicated to address only a small amount of vertical excess skin), and the extended thigh lift, which uses the same horizontal incision in addition to a vertical incision to correct horizontal excess skin.
- Posterior Upper Body Lift: After significant weight loss, the skin in the superior part of the back often descends, leaving a protruding roll of skin excess in the upper back area. This can be eliminated through the resection of the sagging skin, with a horizontal incision at the level of the bra line that extends around the torso. Often, the incision can be extended to the breast crease, allowing the doctor to perform a breast lift at the same time.
Contact Us Today
After losing a substantial amount of weight, you deserve a body that reflects your hard work and dedication. To learn more about body contouring, and to find out how it can help you, contact our practice today. Dr. Castillo’s welcoming administrative staff will be happy to book your initial consultation.