See Better Body Contouring Results with the Tumescent Liposuction Technique
By Rodolfo Castillo Calderón on April 27, 2014
Despite diet and exercise, some stubborn fatty spots just won't go away. If you have experienced this problem, you may be considering liposuction. Liposuction has long been used to contour trouble areas like the lower stomach and inner thighs. Tumescent liposuction is the latest improvement on traditional liposuction, offering superior results with less pain and improved healing. Schedule a consultation with Tijuana-based plastic surgeon Rodolfo Castillo Calderon to see how tumescent liposuction can help you. In the meantime, read on to learn about the many benefits of tumescent liposuction over traditional treatments.
What Is Tumescent Liposuction?
Tumescent liposuction is different from traditional liposuction in that it uses a special fluid solution to reduce pain and produce better results. This special solution is made up of lidocaine to reduce pain, epinephrine to reduce bleeding, and saline to help liquify fat. The tumescent solution is injected into the fatty areas to be treated. As the solution fills the tissue, the area will swell and the surgeon will make a small incision through which the liposuction tool, a cannula, will be inserted. Once the cannula is in place, it will be used to suction out stubborn fat and sculpt the desired contours.
The Benefits of Tumescent Liposuction
There are many benefits of choosing tumescent liposuction over the traditional liposuction technique. Tumescent liposuction is safer, less painful, and creates smoother results than traditional methods. Benefits of tumescent liposuction include:
- Reduced Pain: The lidocaine used in the tumescent liposuction injection makes this technique less painful than traditional methods.
- Reduced Blood Loss: The tumescent liposuction technique helps reduce blood loss thanks to the epinephrine used in the pre-liposuction injection. Epinephrine helps reduce blood loss by constricting the blood vessels.
- Reduced Swelling and Bruising: Tumescent liposuction is less traumatic to the body, as the liquified fat is more easily removed. This results in less swelling and less bruising after treatment.
- Improved Results:Tumescent liposuction yields smoother results than traditional liposuction for a more evenly sculpted look.
- Improved Recovery Time: On average, those who undergo tumescent liposuction versus traditional liposuction tend to have a faster recovery.
- Improved Confidence: Tumescent liposuction can encourage increased confidence by improving the appearance of fatty trouble spots, helping you to feel good about your body.
The Possible Risks of Tumescent Liposuction
Though tumescent liposuction is safer than traditional techniques, it does carry some risks. Choosing an experienced surgeon like Dr. Castillo and following all pre- and post-surgical instructions can help reduce your risk. The potential risks of tumescent liposuction include:
- Fluid Accumulation: If too much tumescent solution is injected prior to liposuction, fluid accumulation may occur.
- Lidocaine Toxicity:Lidocaine toxicity can result if concentration levels of lidocaine are too high in the tumescent fluid.
Find Out More about Tumescent Liposuction
Tumescent liposuction is a great tool to help patients look and feel their best. To find out if tumescent liposuction is right for you or to discuss alternative treatments, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Castillo.
Related to This
"Dr. Castillo in Tijuana is an amazing doctor who sat down with me three times to discuss the operations I needed. The CER hospital was wonderful, nice and clean."Dede M.