Improve the Look and Function of Your Nose
When you meet someone, the first things you want them to notice are your beautiful eyes and your friendly smile. However, if you have a large or unusually shaped nose, you may feel that it is your most prominent feature. Your self consciousness may even begin to affect your social interactions or professional life. If you are unhappy with the shape or size of your nose, consider rhinoplasty with Tijuana aesthetic surgeon Dr. Rodolfo Castillo. He provides experienced, personalized treatment to reshape or resize your nose and improve your self-confidence. He can also treat some breathing problems associated with nasal structure. Contact us today to learn more.
Candidates for Rhinoplasty
Nose reshaping is tailored specifically to each patient. Dr. Castillo addresses both hard and soft tissue to correct a wide array of nasal issues. You may be a good candidate for a nose job if:
- Your nose looks too wide for your face
- Your nose looks too long for your face
- You have a protruding or depressed nasal bridge
- The tip of your nose is overly long, droops, or turns up
- Your nostrils are wide or extremely flared
- Your nose has been injured and is now crooked or misshapen
- You have chronic breathing problems
In order to qualify for rhinoplasty, you should be in good physical and emotional health, and you should have finished physical development in the facial region. There is no upper age range for nose reshaping.
Open and Closed Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty is typically an outpatient procedure and is performed under general anesthesia, administered by a registered anesthesiologist. Nose reshaping varies from patient to patient, and the exact procedure depends on the patient’s original nose shape and desired outcome. Dr. Castillo performs all procedures in a local hospital and works with an ear, nose, and throat specialist, Dr. Carlos Pedroza, to treat any breathing problems a patient may wish to correct. The doctor performs two types of nasal surgery:
- Closed Rhinoplasty: Dr. Castillo performs most nose reshaping procedures using closed rhinoplasty, in which all incisions are made inside the nose.
- Open Rhinoplasty: Dr. Castillo makes a short incision across the tissue that separates the two nostrils (the columella), giving him better access to the inner nasal tissues. Because the incision is so short and carefully replaced, scarring is extremely inconspicuous. Due to better control over the alternation of nasal tissues, this type of surgery can produce better results, especially in patients that have undergone previous surgeries, where there is internal scarring and the original anatomy has been changed.
Dr. Castillo may also perform bone grafting, using nasal cartilage or bone from another site to build up or straighten the nasal structure. A patient’s skin will easily conform to the new shape. Dr. Castillo can perform rhinoplasty in conjunction with other aesthetic procedures, such as a blepharoplasty, breast procedures, or body contouring surgeries, for more spectacular results.
Contact Our Practice
If you are self-conscious about your nose, it’s time to take action. Contact Dr. Castillo’s office today. His friendly, informed staff will book your initial appointment so that you can learn more about this procedure and find out if it is right for you.