Questions to Ask Your Plastic Surgeon
Before you choose a plastic surgeon to provide the treatment you desire, it is important to ask your surgeon questions regarding your candidacy for certain procedures, his or her qualifications, and more. When you come in for your initial consultation with Dr. Rodolfo Castillo Calderón, a leading plastic surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico, he will answer all of your questions and address any concerns you may have. Dr. Castillo has provided this guide to questions to ask your plastic surgeon in order to help you make an informed decision and achieve the best possible results.
Candidacy, Credentials, and More
When you meet with a plastic surgeon, you should come prepared with a list of questions regarding:
- The surgeon’s qualifications
- Your candidacy for your desired procedure
- Risks or side effects of the procedure
- Preparation for surgery
- Duration of the recovery period
- Any staff who will assist with the procedure
You are well within your rights to ask your surgeon:
- What are your educational qualifications and training in plastic surgery?
- How many times have you performed this particular procedure?
Every plastic surgery procedure involves risk. You should ask your surgeon:
- What risks are associated with this procedure?
- If any complications arise post-surgery, how will you handle them?
Recovery is an important phase in your journey toward reaching your goals. Recovery following procedures such as a full body lift may require long periods of reduced strain and other consideration in order to achieve excellent results. To ensure a successful recovery, you should ask:
- What steps should I take to prepare for this surgery?
- Will any medical associates or other staff members be present to assist you with the surgery?
- Where and how will you perform my surgery?
- What is the recovery process like? What are the dos and dont's for a successful recovery?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the outcome of my procedure?
While we recommend patients prepare questions in advance, Dr. Castillo is very thorough during his consultations. It is likely that he will address questions you may not have thought to ask.
Importance of Asking Questions
Choosing the right surgeon and the right procedure is the best way for you as a patient to ensure the success of your treatment. Asking questions and conducting online research can reveal if a surgeon is qualified and prepared to perform your particular surgery. Asking a surgeon plenty of questions also helps you better mentally prepare for the procedure. You will understand what you can expect before, during, and after surgery. You will also be better equipped to handle complications if they arise.
Patients who fail to ask appropriate questions at their consultation risk more than simply being unprepared for their surgery. Failing to ask about and verify a surgeon’s qualifications could result in dissatisfying results. Revision surgeries are complex and far more costly than initial procedures, so it is in your best interest to take every measure to increase the likelihood of a successful procedure.
Call Now to Schedule Your Consultation
While we recommend patients prepare questions in advance, Dr. Castillo is very thorough during his consultations. It is likely that he will address questions you may not have thought to ask. If you think of any questions after your consultation is over, Dr. Castillo is always available to answer patient questions, so do not hesitate to call our office. We believe patient education is the best way to ensure successful results. If you have your questions ready, contact us online or call (619) 955-6866 from US or 664-634-7490 from Mexico to schedule a consultation.